- Get Started!Free 30 Minute Consultation
Phone or In-person
- Rx Drugs or Natural Medicines?
- Introduction: Rx Drugs or Natural Medicines?
- Off Label Use of Prescription Meds
- Why We Are Loosing People To Prescription Medications
- Ambien: Disturbing Side Effects
- Steroid Induced Psychosis
- NIH Study of Mortaility due to Prescription Drugs
- Medication Madness: How Psychiatric Drugs Cause Violence, Suicide, and Crime
- Top Ten Legal Drugs Linked to Violence
- 8 Pharmacology Treatment Controversies in Bipolar Disorder Addressed
- FDA Warns of PML Risk With Tecfidera in MS
- Amoxicillin Adverse Effects Underreported, Underrecognized
- Death from Prescription drugs: The New US Epidemic
- Rx Drugs or Natural Medicines?
- Tahoe Neuro HealingVan Harding, LAc, Dipl.OM
Life's A Journey. Make It A Healthy One.
Articles by Van Harding
Sign Up: Receive Updates
& Download My Reports:
Why all the Hype about Gluten?
Damage & Disease caused by Gluten
Gluten Addiction Symptoms & Hazards
How Does Acupuncture Work?
Acupuncture has been studied for years in the west to scientifically understand how these little needles provoke healing. Here are a few of the conclusions:
1. Acupuncture increases the circulation of blood- reducing pain and swelling
2. It causes the release of certain neurotransmitters- benefitting mental health
3. Acupuncture stimulates the natural release of opioids- reducing pain
4. A reaction with the central nervous system occurs- benefitting overall health.
See the Scientific Research section under FAQs.
Why Herbs & Nutraceuticals instead of pharmaceutical drugs?
Herbs and Nutraceuticals correct the underlying dysfunctional biological mechanism that causes the symptoms whereas drugs only seek to alleviate the symptom.
Herbs and nutraceuticals are safer than drugs. According to the CDC there are “0” deaths annually due to herbs and nutraceuticals whereas prescription drugs cause approxiamtely 250,000 deaths annually.
2010 Drug Overdose Deaths: 38,329 and of that 30% were Anti-anxiety meds and 18% were Anti-depressant.
2008 Pain Relief Medication deaths: 14,800
2007 NIH: Surveillance of prescription drug-related mortality using death certificates
Military Pokes Holes in Acupuncture Skeptic’s Theory
by Blake Farmer Feb. 16, 2012
The US Army has begun to make Acupuncture more widely available to troops returning home for P.T.S.D, Traumatic Brain Injury and back pain.
Tag Archives: liver
Using Acupuncture to Treat Liver & Kidney Health: Why it Works
According to the National Institutes of Health, chronic kidney disease (CKD) affects more than 1 in 7 U.S. adults (an estimated 37 million). And the Centers for
4 Lifestyle Tweaks to Thrive this Spring
In traditional Chinese medical theory, one of the best ways to stay healthy is to live in balance with the seasons. Balance, in this context, means mindfully crafting your
Does Your Liver Need a Spring Tune-Up?
In Traditional Chinese Medicine, each season is ruled by a particular organ system and spring is connected to the liver. What does this mean? Well, you probably notice changes
Spring Acupuncture Tips to Keep You Healthy, Happy and Flexible
Spring is a happy time. Bunnies hop about. Flowers emerge in long forgotten corners of your garden. The birds return and sing so loudly they wake you in the morning.