- Get Started!Free 30 Minute Consultation
Phone or In-person
- Rx Drugs or Natural Medicines?
- Introduction: Rx Drugs or Natural Medicines?
- Off Label Use of Prescription Meds
- Why We Are Loosing People To Prescription Medications
- Ambien: Disturbing Side Effects
- Steroid Induced Psychosis
- NIH Study of Mortaility due to Prescription Drugs
- Medication Madness: How Psychiatric Drugs Cause Violence, Suicide, and Crime
- Top Ten Legal Drugs Linked to Violence
- 8 Pharmacology Treatment Controversies in Bipolar Disorder Addressed
- FDA Warns of PML Risk With Tecfidera in MS
- Amoxicillin Adverse Effects Underreported, Underrecognized
- Death from Prescription drugs: The New US Epidemic
- Rx Drugs or Natural Medicines?
- Tahoe Neuro HealingVan Harding, LAc, Dipl.OM
Life's A Journey. Make It A Healthy One.
Articles by Van Harding
Sign Up: Receive Updates
& Download My Reports:
Why all the Hype about Gluten?
Damage & Disease caused by Gluten
Gluten Addiction Symptoms & Hazards
How Does Acupuncture Work?
Acupuncture has been studied for years in the west to scientifically understand how these little needles provoke healing. Here are a few of the conclusions:
1. Acupuncture increases the circulation of blood- reducing pain and swelling
2. It causes the release of certain neurotransmitters- benefitting mental health
3. Acupuncture stimulates the natural release of opioids- reducing pain
4. A reaction with the central nervous system occurs- benefitting overall health.
See the Scientific Research section under FAQs.
Why Herbs & Nutraceuticals instead of pharmaceutical drugs?
Herbs and Nutraceuticals correct the underlying dysfunctional biological mechanism that causes the symptoms whereas drugs only seek to alleviate the symptom.
Herbs and nutraceuticals are safer than drugs. According to the CDC there are “0” deaths annually due to herbs and nutraceuticals whereas prescription drugs cause approxiamtely 250,000 deaths annually.
2010 Drug Overdose Deaths: 38,329 and of that 30% were Anti-anxiety meds and 18% were Anti-depressant.
2008 Pain Relief Medication deaths: 14,800
2007 NIH: Surveillance of prescription drug-related mortality using death certificates
Military Pokes Holes in Acupuncture Skeptic’s Theory
by Blake Farmer Feb. 16, 2012
The US Army has begun to make Acupuncture more widely available to troops returning home for P.T.S.D, Traumatic Brain Injury and back pain.
Tag Archives: diet
Food as Medicine
Mama Always Said: You Are What You Eat
Maybe mom really did know best when it came to nutrition. As research has shown, what we eat can actually impact our
Foods to Eat to Help Depression
Many have heard the question posed what came first, the chicken or the egg? But how does that concept apply to depression? It’s well-known that when we’re depressed,
How to Stay Healthy As Winter Changes to Spring
For most people, the change of seasons from winter to spring is something to look forward to. But it also means a time when people tend to get
Food Color and Nutrition
In Chinese medical theory, food is considered medicine. Food has qualities and functions biochemically and energetically that target specific organs. Not only that, but the action a particular
Healthy Eating from Early to Late Summer
Traditional Chinese Medicine or TCM is all about balance. In this ancient system, the key to health is to move through the world in such a way that our
Eating Well for Springtime
Traditional Chinese medicine says aligning your diet with the seasons is one of the best ways to stay healthy. Mother Nature provides exactly what we need to be
Dandelion: Detox With This Yellow Charmer
Next time you’re in a wide open field, pasture or meadow dotted with beautiful yellow dandelions, know that these prolific little delights are not only beautiful, but packed
Five Reasons Acupuncture Helps Digestive Function
Digestion is a complex task performed by the body. It begins in the mouth and finishes when the ingested food leaves the body through the rectum. For all we
Walnuts and Your Brain
Many people like to add walnuts to food to add some zest and a little crunchy kick, but walnuts are much more than a flavor additive, as they
Healthy Eating According to Traditional Chinese Medicine
Do you consider yourself a healthy eater? Do you follow the guidelines set forth by the government for healthy eating? Or have you gone rogue? There are as