- Get Started!Free 30 Minute Consultation
Phone or In-person
- Rx Drugs or Natural Medicines?
- Introduction: Rx Drugs or Natural Medicines?
- Off Label Use of Prescription Meds
- Why We Are Loosing People To Prescription Medications
- Ambien: Disturbing Side Effects
- Steroid Induced Psychosis
- NIH Study of Mortaility due to Prescription Drugs
- Medication Madness: How Psychiatric Drugs Cause Violence, Suicide, and Crime
- Top Ten Legal Drugs Linked to Violence
- 8 Pharmacology Treatment Controversies in Bipolar Disorder Addressed
- FDA Warns of PML Risk With Tecfidera in MS
- Amoxicillin Adverse Effects Underreported, Underrecognized
- Death from Prescription drugs: The New US Epidemic
- Rx Drugs or Natural Medicines?
- Tahoe Neuro HealingVan Harding, LAc, Dipl.OM
Sign Up: Receive Updates
& Download My Reports:
Why all the Hype about Gluten?
Damage & Disease caused by Gluten
Gluten Addiction Symptoms & Hazards
How Does Acupuncture Work?
Acupuncture has been studied for years in the west to scientifically understand how these little needles provoke healing. Here are a few of the conclusions:
1. Acupuncture increases the circulation of blood- reducing pain and swelling
2. It causes the release of certain neurotransmitters- benefitting mental health
3. Acupuncture stimulates the natural release of opioids- reducing pain
4. A reaction with the central nervous system occurs- benefitting overall health.
See the Scientific Research section under FAQs.
Why Herbs & Nutraceuticals instead of pharmaceutical drugs?
Herbs and Nutraceuticals correct the underlying dysfunctional biological mechanism that causes the symptoms whereas drugs only seek to alleviate the symptom.
Herbs and nutraceuticals are safer than drugs. According to the CDC there are “0” deaths annually due to herbs and nutraceuticals whereas prescription drugs cause approxiamtely 250,000 deaths annually.
by Blake Farmer Feb. 16, 2012
The US Army has begun to make Acupuncture more widely available to troops returning home for P.T.S.D, Traumatic Brain Injury and back pain.
Tag Archives: exercise
Just as we develop our physical muscles to gain strength and maintain our health, we also need to pay attention to strengthening our mental muscles. Learning to develop mental strength can help in many ways from overcoming challenging situations, to learning from and bouncing back from failure to viewing these challenges as opportunities for growth. Read on for six
We’ve all heard of and maybe even experienced a sprain or a strain. But do you really know the difference? A sprain is defined as a stretch or tear of a ligament. A strain, on the other hand, is defined as an injury to a muscle or tendon. Sprains can result from a fall, a sudden twist or a
When the seasons change you have to be ready for a change in mood, especially as we move from fall into winter. Although it may not seem as drastic of a shift as you think, it matters more to our mental and physical states than you may know. Seasonal affective disorder is estimated to affect around 10 million Americans a
As the school year kicks back into gear so should the healthy habits that you and your children have before practiced. Notice how I said “practiced,” because we all know during the summer-vacation months we tend to indulge a little. Maybe you have had one too many backyard barbecues, or three too many trips to the favorite
Don’t forget about physical exercise
Believe it or not, when you’re exercising your body, you’re exercising your mind as well. Aerobic exercise gets your blood pumping, which increases the oxygen going to your brain and lowers your risk of disorders such as diabetes and cardiovascular disease that can lead to memory loss. If you can, start with some exercise in
In this fast-paced world we find it’s pretty hard to slow down. Everyday stressors are the norm and although some stress is good, too much can hurt the body not only mentally but physically as well. Work, family, finances and everything in between can start to take a toll on your health. Below are tips that not only help to
There are about 29 million people in the United States who suffer from type 2 diabetes, an illness that is becoming increasingly common and is also highly preventable. With lifestyle changes, diabetes can be managed and prevented.
Aim for a healthy weight
When you have extra weight, this can cause an increase in blood sugar. Maintaining a healthy weight can
Suffering from depression can make you feel hopeless, frustrated and like your quality of life will never get better. Many feel that prescription medications don’t help, and simply mask the problem instead of helping solve it. If you are dealing with depression, it is easy to get discouraged about your treatment options. Below are ways that you can naturally reduce
Obesity remains a top concern among health professionals in the U.S. According to a study published in the Journal of American Medicine (JAMA), more than one third of adults in the U.S. are clinically obese (source). People who fall under this category are more likely to develop heart disease, diabetes, and even certain types of cancer.